Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday Ride :)

Took the day off and did a little riding. Dan was riding the new 2002 YZF250 to see if he feels comfortable on this four stroke instead of the husky. He likes this bike better then the Husqvarna WR250 two stroke which makes the Husky my ride till further notice.
We really had a good time. I haven't rode a 250 two stroke in many years. I have to say it felt like I was home again. The power is a blast and just the light nimbleness of the machine was a forgotten enjoyment. I was playing in the soft sand doing donuts and drifting around in circles for a while. What a fine machine the WR is.

3 comments:

  1. I've got mixed feelings about 2-strokes. There's all the environmental crap, so I suppose it's good that they're limited - but most of the pollution comes from power plants and there is something really great about the pickup and pep of sailing along on a whine of a 2-stroke (often followed in by a cloud of blue smoke) Two strokes really make riding smaller bikes worthwhile.

    Brady
    Behind Bars - Motorcycles and Life
    http://www.behindbarsmotorcycle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son is 14 and the more I read the more I think he and I need to get some dirt bikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brady I appreciate the concern about pollutants but when you have people commuting 100 a miles a day on gas guzzling SUV’s. My 20 miles a week has little impact on the bigger issue at hand..
    Motoroz I was driving home the other day with my son behind me on his bike. Then we seen two teenagers that he use to run with on the street and I smiled in my helmet because I knew exactly what my teenage boy was up to today. I wonder if the father of the two kids I seen could say the same thing.

    ReplyDelete